- LNG demand will increase as Japan fires up NG powered peaker plants
- Soft Ags should enjoy a new buyer, with this level of disruptions Japan needs calories
- Diesel demand should increase as small Generators are used privately
- 15-30% of Japans electrical grid will be off line for years
- Electric cars will be a non starter in Japan for a while
- Timber from West Coast North America should see a real increase in demand
- Cotton should see a significant increase in demand, as households replace inventory of cloths
These are just a few of the first level impacts, which should be noticeable in the worlds traded markets. It is my expectation that the US will do whatever it can to help Japan recover during this these dark days.
Our thoughts and prayers should be with the engineers in the nuclear plants, who are doing everything they can, to save their plants. These men and woman are risking their lives, for others.
Godspeed in their endeavors.